Who Must File a Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR)?

An International Law FAQ with Mary E. Vandenack.

Anyone who has a signatory on an account in a foreign country should take a look at whether they are subject to the rules concerning the foreign bank financial account reporting rules. A lot of people are caught by surprise because they have moved out of the U.S. but retain their U.S. citizenship and find out that they are subject to these laws. So if you have a signature on a bank account of any type, perhaps you are trustee for a parent’s trust in another country, you are likely to be subject to the U.S. laws.

© 2014 Parsonage Vandenack Williams LLC

For more information, Contact Us

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s