If I Am a U.S. Citizen but My Business Is in a Foreign Country, Do I Pay U.S. Income Tax?

A Tax FAQ with Mary E. Vandenack.

A U.S. citizen is subject to taxes in the U.S. on his or her world-wide income, so even if you move, live and work in another country, you are subject to income tax in the U.S. There are a variety of tax credits that are offered to you, so there are foreign earned income credits and a variety of other things. You are going to want to familiarize yourself with those rules. In addition, there are tax treaties that apply between the U.S. and most countries that will make specific provisions as to how the income tax rules of each country apply.

© 2014 Parsonage Vandenack Williams LLC

For more information, Contact Us

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s