Recently, the Nebraska Department of Revenue issued regulations to qualify for benefits under the Nebraska Advantage Act in 2015. The Nebraska Advantage Act, as amended in 2012, was designed to promote relocation of businesses to Nebraska, expansion of business currently in Nebraska, and general business investment within the state. In order to qualify for the tax benefits, the Department of Revenue issues annual investment and wage guidelines that must be met. The average annual wage and investment requirements for 2015 are as follows:
- Tier 1: Investment of $1 million and a wage requirement of $23,979 for a minimum of 10 employees.
- Tier 2: Investment of $3 million and a wage requirement of $23,979 for a minimum of 30 employees.
- Tier 2 large data center: Investment of $1 million and a wage requirement of $23,979 for a minimum of 30 employees.
- Tier 3: Wage requirement of $23,979 for a minimum of 30 employees.
- Tier 4:Investment of $12 million and a wage requirement of $23,979 for a minimum of 100 employees.
- Tier 5: Investment of $37 million.
- Tier 5 renewable energy projects: Investment of $20 million.
- (Super) Tier 6: Investment of $11 million and a requirement of 75 new employees; or an investment of $111 million and at least 50 new employees. The wage requirement is a minimum of $58,948.
Other incentives built into the same law have been updated to require a $12.33/hour minimum to qualify for the Nebraska Advantage Rural Development Act and $1,154/week maximum to qualify for the Nebraska Advantage Microenterprise Tax Credit Act.
© 2014 Parsonage Vandenack Williams LLC
For more information, Contact Us